Monday, November 10, 2008

Safely arrived

Despite what has been a VERY long two days, I´m happy to report that I´m safely in Bogotá, baggage and all. After seeing the planes i was a little dubious that my pack would actually make it here, but no worries. Changed a bit of money (not the bolivianos yet ladies, i have to wait until i have my camera battery charged and ready to snap that candid of an ecstatic me and the confused teller). But after that, got a taxi (way overpriced I´m sure, but i am exhausted and just wanted something easy, so about 9 dollars to get me the 15km to my hostel). Which is pretty cute, down a quietish street just off one of the main roads, near to all the downtown plazas and museums, so I think it´ll be perfect for a few days stay.

Bogotá is nice so far, kind of a mix between santiago and quito, if that makes any sense at all. I have not yet seen one other gringa tourist, which is kind of nice, but definitely throws me back wholeheartedly into the "everyone staring intensely" phenomenon.

Ok there are a few more things to report, but I am actually much to tired to type anymore, so i´ll have to get back to you after I´ve napped.... but so far so good!!

Love you all

xo

1 comment:

gigigal said...

Dad here!
Have fun and stay safe! Keep in touch! love you,
Dad