Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am officially a crazy person

It's true. I had my credit card all lined up ready to pay for my finalized Round the World itinerary on Wednesday, and then I went to convert the price into CANADIAN dollars, and this whole 'global recession' nonsense finally hit home. So I began doing some more realistic budgeting, pro-con listing (despite my self-proclaimed loathing of them), and decided to go to Colombia!! In 2 weeks!!! (6am November 10th to be exact...)

Yep, a little drastic perhaps, but I was planning on doing the Colombia-Mexico route anyway, just not so soon, and with a few other things tacked on. But this way, I get to scoot down south before the real snow flies (though this week has been crazy!!- evidenced by the sick snow fort I'm making in the backyard!) and get back in time for a lovely Canadian spring and summer. (I'm thinking the end of April/ beginning of May)

So now I'm in a preparation frenzy, trying to see as many of you as I can, get myself packed, vaccinated, applied to grad school, etc before heading out. So as one of the things on my to do list, I'm getting this blog set up in case any of you are interested in following round two of my Latin American travels. I think if you click on "follow this" on the right hand side, it should send you an email whenever I update. Which will not necessarily be often (I'm not the greatest at keeping it up to date) but I'll do my best-- and please please please send me comments/Facebook messages/emails etc. I might not have time to reply to everything, but I REALLY love getting them and knowing that people haven't completely forgotten about me! But wish me luck and I'll check back in with more details soon!

2 comments:

gigigal said...

Your title reminds me of my mother. She was fond of escaping the household for a drive - alone if she could manage - and if we caught her on her way out the door,we'd ask "where are you going?" and she would invariably reply "Crazy - you coming?" So, you are officially a crazy person and I feel as if part of me is being dragged along. For the most part I am so proud of your independent spirit, your resiliency, your courage BUT part of me is frightened for your safety. So I am going crazy too.
Be safe! Have fun! Remember that you are loved immensely!
Mom

Anonymous said...

woohoo...strapping in to once again follow along another global, spellbinding adventure with ms. Gustin!